Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Smithsonian Air and Space Museum



On Thursday, I took the kids downtown to get a glimpse of the sights and to the Air and Space Museum. There is no better museum to take a 12 and 3 year old. Old planes, rockets, astronaut suits and plenty of other exhibits to keep everyone busy for hours. Abe and Arne really loved it. As some of you have visited recently might remember, I had taken a long needed break from this museum because we would go EVERYTIME that we would have visitors. There are so many historical sights in DC and Northern Virginia that it seem silly to take guests to the same sights over and over (minus the monuments, as they are a must-see). It was nice to go back. I had forgotten how many interesting exhibits there are and since they recently closed the American History Museum for renovation, they moved the most interesting exhibits right next door to the A&S. It took on new life this time... it may have been my own 3-year-old's interest. And for those of you who will visit before we leave, I will gladly take you back.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails