Yesterday at lunch while trying to feed Sophia and Peyton simultaneously...
A: Mom, am I going to Juan's house today?
M: If you want to. They invited you over after lunch.
A: Are you taking me or is his mom picking me up?
M: I am going to take you and I will just stay and visit for a couple of minutes.
A: Is it far away?
m: Not really, it is a little further than your school
A: Well my school is a little bit far
M: Well, it is like 5 km. It is not really far away.
A: So is it close?
M: No, it is not close
A: So then it is far away.
M: Abe, not really.
A: So it is perfectly far.
M: Abe, yes, it is perfectly far.
A: So does that mean that my friends who live past Juan's House are really far?
M: (Getting impatient...) Please Abe. Your friends all live in different areas and yes, it takes longer to get to some places than others.
A: But Mom, how far is far away?
M: Okay Abe, really. It depends. Do you want to go to Juan's house after lunch?
A: Yes. Depends on what?
M: Please take a bite and each your lunch so you can go and play.
6 comments:
Aah, the joys of being a mother! You have to admit, it makes you smile! I have those same conversations with Malisia! Can't you just wait until you get those from all 3 of your children?
I am cracking up! I can totally imagine Abe saying EXACTLY!! those ALL those lines....
Don't you just love how they try to learn new concepts by asking endless questions? Good times. Then when they are teenagers they stop talking altogether!
Jaclyn-It is Elisa Parker Ludwig....do you remember me from the Sunset Hills ward??? How the heck are you? I was reading Julee Loder George's blog, and I saw her link to your blog. Email me when you have a second so we can catch up! My email address is byunurse@yahoo.com . I hope you are doing well. I can't believe you have 3 kids and live in Argentina! That's so crazy. I have 2 kids, so that is keeping me busy. Great to see your pictures!
Elisa
Jacob and I are laughing out loud with this post!! This is the Abe we know and love. :) I'd love to be a fly on your wall for a day. Hope you're doing well.
Yup, I agree. I have no problem visualizing this conversation between the two of you. Totally Abe. And why do I think it's so cute that he has a friend name Juan? I guess because I can imagine he already has a little accent and can speak fluently. Cute pics of the kids.
Post a Comment