Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sophia's 1st Party



We hosted an All-American BBQ, bouncy castle and chocolate fountain to share this special day with close friends. Abe and Peyton were so excited for Sophia. Abe took special care of her in the inflatable and wanted her to like it as much as he does. She sat on all four trying to bounce herself.

I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning finishing her cake and I loved doing it because I knew that she would have fun smearing it everywhere. In the end, all she wanted to do was share it with an outreached arm. It was funny. And then... it didn't settle well. Even Papa's ice cream bars hadn't quite prepared her for the mother load of sugar.

As I sit here flipping through these photos and thinking about the last year, I am overcome with gratitude. My life is full of so many rich blessings, but nothing more important and humbling than my children. I am thankful for this time that I have with them. They are my greatest blessing.





4 comments:

Rebecca Barlow said...

Happy Birthday Peyton! What a darling cake and even more darling little girl!

Alicia said...

She is so adorable! And where did she get that beautiful light brown hair?! You did a fabulous job on the cake, you should pat yourself on the back for that one. :)

Our kids really do grow up so fast - I wish I could be there to see yours. :)

Shelly and Vic said...

Cute cake! And I when I look at these pics I totally think she looks like Steve :)

Jules said...

She's such a cutie!!! I love the cake!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails