Friday, December 25, 2009

A few things I have learned this week...

... I can cook an entire turkey dinner from scratch including stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, asparagus, rolls, banana bread and pumpkin pie by myself
... and serve it warm
... English toffee really is as easy I have been told
... Peppermint Bark is even easier
... and really makes it feel like Christmas
... All treats look better delivered in Christmas boxes
... All homemade eggnog recipes are not created equal - even if they contain the exact same ingredients
... The smallest of gifts, usually end up the greatest
... The rechargeable Mosquito Zap Racket really does work and is worth every penny - even if just for the laugh.
... although it does not kill cockroaches, only stuns them
... Few things are sweeter than a babbling 1 year old who thinks that they are making sense
... If you can't drink hot cocoa on Christmas, swimming in the pool is a close second
... Skype has really revolutionized holidays
... American dolls are worth all of the hype and span the ages
... I can think of 364 better day to light Fireworks than a night I would prefer to me calm, silent and holy.
... especially not until 3am when children will be looking for Santa at 6.
... The Norad Santa Tracker can really keep a 6 year old occupied
... You can do ALL of your holiday shopping without leaving the house
... although tall sizes are still as difficult to find
... A 6 year old really can grasp the idea of a trip in lieu of gifts and be REALLY excited about it
... no matter how hard I try to keep any type of gun out of our home, few toys can really excite a 6 year old boy like one
... All the celebrations can really tucker out a toddler
... Sometimes you have to accept the blessing and stop trying to rationalize it

What I already knew...
... Sleep in NOT overrated
... Christmas is my favorite time of year
... because we celebrate the birth of Christ
... Christ was born to be our Savior
... and died so that we can have eternal life
... Heavenly Father hears us and answers our prayers
... He knows each one of us individually
... He has a great sense of humor
... Our trials have purpose
... Nothing in life is as special without sharing the experience
... especially with children
... Legos really do help improve fine motor skills
... I am blessed beyond words
... Mario Kart is WAY more fun to play when connected with family across the world!
... My family ROCKS!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Those are all lovely sentiments. Makes me really miss you.

Robyn said...

Possibly my favorite post of yours . . .

Alisha said...

Congrats on the holiday food prep. I helped with the turkey and feel really good about it.

I'm glad that we never stop learning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails