Saturday, February 5, 2011

Yep, I am 30.


My super sweet husband wanted this birthday to be memorable.  We don't normally do much for each other because our birthdays are a few days apart, just as the dust has settled from the holidays.

Steve made this video to play at the wonderful surprise party he threw for me last night.  He hired caterers, created centerpeices of candles, mirrors and fresh flower bouquets for each of the tables outside and managed to draw in a good crowd without me knowing.  He prepared for weeks in advance and paid for everything in cash so that I would not be suspicious.  in the midst of the excitement, I never took any photos, but someone filmed my entrance.

When I celebrated my 20th birthday in Oberlin, Ohio, I never in my wildest dreams thought that this is where we would be.  But if the truth be known, this life and this man are far better than I could have even dreamt of.

And a very happy 33rd birthday to the man who made me feel so special.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

I actually got a bit of a lump.

Well done Steve. And Happy Birthday Jac. Thanks for being a good friend.

Shelly and Vic said...

Wow! I'm totally impressed with Steven! Tell him good work.

And Happy Belated Birthday. We celebrated for you on our cruise :)

Alicia said...

Way to go Steve for putting it all together! I loved seeing your great 80s outfits and hairstyles, and all the recent pics of you and the fam.

Happy Birthday, girl!

Nesa said...

Wow-that was awesome. I can't believe he was able to get a hold of all those pictures. Feliz Cumpleanos Mi Amiga!

Sylvia said...

Steve, you sly dog. Way to go!

Jaclyn, I hope you had a wonderful time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails