
On February 27th, Abe began Kinder 4. In Argentina, Kindergarten is a formal program for 3-5 year olds. 3 and 4 year old children attend 5 mornings or afternoons a week. When they turn 5, they begin going to school all day from 8am - 4pm.
He absolutely LOVES it! Look at the photo below from the school website. They painted telescopes, pirate ships and bandanas to prepare for the treasure hunt outside. Apparently, they were successful because they found the treasure in a pile of leaves on the soccer field.
Abe is checking out the teacher with his green telescope. When he described the project to me before I saw it, he told me that he painted a telescope that looked like a Froot Loops Straw - thanks Grandma!
3 comments:
Hong Kong schools run pretty much the same way. I use to think that 3 was WAY TO YOUNG to start. But now that ALL (literally) of his friends are going, he is really bored, and I cannot wait until he starts in September!
Dang! Kindergarten already! He's such a big boy. I forget - Spanish or English?
OH MY GOSH!! I can just see Abe enjoying every minute of school and coming home to talk about all of it non-stop. I can't believe he's still growing up and we're not there to see it!
Post a Comment