Tuesday, December 16, 2008

So far away...

I stood in the kitchen with Lidia as she told me about her holiday traditions and then I told her about ours... and then I began to cry.

Today, I miss family. Today, I wish that we were all together sitting around the table playing games and laughing together. Today, I wish that 6827 miles did not divide us. Tomorrow, I will wish the same thing.

2 comments:

Taylor's said...

My heart goes out for you. I know how you feel. Good thing for technology!

Heather said...

Whether is 6827 miles or 1000 miles, holidays are hard away from family. We miss having you "only" seven hours away--without $2,000+ dollars we can only Skype as well.

Enough of my pity party . . . at least we have three little munchkins to keep the holidays fun and . . . noisy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails