Our school has been officially closed until June 17th! Our "sister" campus, about 4 miles away, has a confirmed case of
the flu and so we were called to pick up our children 2 hours early from school today and limit their contact with classmates throughout this time. The other campus houses another elementary, the high school (who could bring it home to younger siblings) and faculty that teach at both locations. However, no one has had it at
our building. This is just a precautionary measure.
So what is a girl to do to keep two children, who are accustomed to daily classes, busy inside the house for the next two weeks? Even if we had a great neighborhood to play in and no security concerns, winter is quickly approaching and it is chilly outside.
It is time to get creative... bring on the workbooks and construction paper! Uno, Sudoku, Candy Land, here we come.
4 comments:
Have them "help" make cookies! Playdough, coloring/water color, and kid friendly internet games also work. I would also see if any friends are not paranoid about the flu and set up some playdates. Good luck!
Oh man, I wish I could help you out with that one! My kids go insane when they are stuck inside! I'm sure yours do too since they're the same ages. Good luck!
ps...you should come through Utah in July:-)
oh, and why won't you be in Argentina much longer? Where are you going?
And what you're silently thinking (as do we all) but not willing to post is "Little Einsteins, here we come!"
Desperate times call for desperate measures . . . :)
Here are some ideas:
*have them build structures with the marshmallows holding the toothpicks together
*one can of shaving cream and little plastic toys--let them loose in a bathroom and let them make it "snow" all over the toys and each other
*have them make game cards, cutting out magazines and pasting them on cardstock. Then you can play 20 questions with the cards (draw one and have others guess what it is)
That's all I've got for now. I need to get some sleep!
You should just pack up for 2 weeks and come to sunny VA! You know you want to!!!
Post a Comment