I mentioned before that our trip to Cusco was interesting. We landed, dropped off our bags at the hotel and then asked the guide to take us to a nice restaurant, but one that is also kid-friendly. We were thinking along the lines of a play place or somewhere that they will give you a cup of crayons. A place where we wouldn't intereup other diners, but still get a good meal.
They obviously were not on the same page. I wish that you could feel the old worn cushions that engulfed your thighs and the see the look on my mom's face when we walked in. Classic.
Stuffed animals were everywhere. They had to move them out of the seats that we were offered. There was even a strage beanie baby sewn onto the toilet seat cover. They insisted that the place was pretty new (that could be relative), but everything had seen much better days.
The bar was filled with colorful glass vases, many handblown.
There was even window seating for a nice afternoon.
An huka pipes at the end of the bar. What? So this is when I began to think that this was not a child's place at all, but more of a get high and have an Alice in Wonderland experience kind of place. However they did have brochure for children's parties.
And the beloved check box. Our bill came nicely nestled in this little box and our change was returned the same way. What a perfectly strange ending to this perfectly strange dining experience.
However, they did serve us a decent quinoa soup.





1 comment:
Oh my word. I'm totally chuckling. Stuffed animals in the seats!
Man I love to travel . .
Post a Comment