Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween, I mean Birthday!

Yesterday we celebrated Abe's 8th birthday with one of his best friends, Loren.  It was a success!  30 kids came to celebrate with them and enjoy a traditional American Halloween party.  A big thanks to Loren's family for allowing us to use their home!  They have an incredible yard that is much more like a park.  Trampoline, inflatable slide, haunted house, halloween treats and great friends!  We couldn't have asked for more!

Click on the photos to see more!


This was a fun theme cake, but after 6 hours on the silly thing, I wonder why in the world would I do such a thing?

Thanks to Steve's mad fondant skills, we had life-like skeleton hands.

Melissa created these great popcorn bags

Monster Mouths

Frankenstein Jello Cups - it is the thought that counts, right?



The Stoddards did an incredible job decorating the yard

Eyeballs everywhere

Cat eyes

The American boys taught the Peruvians how to play real football.  The gardener has marked out a football field, complete with goal posts.  It was great!


Great trashbag ghosts

Rachel created this skull with the leftover fondant.  She is so talented.

Mummy Canisters

and mummy-dogs

We decorated pumpkin and bat cookies

and painted pumpkins

My friend Melissa. (Oh yeah, Loren's mom)

Spooky daytime moon

Freaky Punch


Waiting to enter the Haunted House!  The Stoddards have a great little guest house in their yard and 2 teenage girls who were excited about a haunted house.  The HH was decorated with things leftover from the embassy patry the day before.  It was a success!  (I somehow forgot to take any photos of the inside.)

Ghost Suckers

Class Buds

Birthday Boys!

Chicken Fingers

Checking out the grub!

Next to the after-party bonfire

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Dude. Thank heavens I don't have to compete with the Latins when it comes to bithdays . . . that was one EXTRAVAGANZA!

Heather said...

Holy cow. I can only imagine the time you put into this! How fun! And your pics are amazing lately . . . Did you get your new camera, or are you just awesome? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails