Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

This is the last post for 2007 and I can't believe what an eventful year it has been! Actually, it might have been a little too eventful on occasion and my children have really felt the constant change. One would surmise that this would teach flexibility, but somehow it seems that they regularly remind us that they have been through as much as we have. In the interest of time, I will not recap the entire year, but I could fill pages (and should have as they occured).

I have found a renewed ability to spend time alone. For the most part, I prefer company, but occasionally I find myself longing to be home and by myself in the evening with quiet. Who would have thought that I would ever feel this way? Spending time with myself, it actually is quite nice.

The flood and living in a hotel for 9 weeks. Need I say more?

The cruise... without children! (Thanks Janet)

Staging and selling our first home. There are a few things that I might have done differently if we have planned to live in it for the rest of our lives, but I loved how it turned out when all of the renovations were complete.

The Bid for posts and our move.

Again, I write this as we sit in a temprary house in Buenos Aires, once again waiting for renovations to be complete on our permanent house. Today, Steve received the keys to the other house so that we can go in an check up on the progress, measure rooms for a few pieces of furniture that we would like to have made, and paint. If we are going to live in this house for two years, we will learn from our last experience and get everything done now so that can actually enjoy it.

I am grateful for the wonderful family and friends that we have. I am thankful for the constant support of those same people. I am grateful for our health and the opportunity that we have embraced to show our children the world. I am grateful for an incredible husband who loves his family and his country. I am regularly humbled by the example of my children. I hope that 2008 brings joy, happiness, increased faith and much growth.

Happy fun-filled New Year and may you accomplish each of your yearly goals!

3 comments:

Talai said...

Happy New Year! I hope this year is as good (but maybe not quite as eventaful!) as the last. I am glad to hear you are doing well with you nig adjustment!

Dalton Family said...

Happy New Year! Hey, I've got a nephew in the Buenos Aires North Mission. Are you in that mission? Let me know:)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud I am of you guys and your achievements! I will live vicariously through your adventures in Argentina. Your family is beautiful and we wish you all the best in the new year. THANKS SO MUCH for this blog & for keeping us posted!! Love, Nancy (& Steve) PS Did anyone else think you resembled a young Jackie Kennedy in your Christmas card? Must have been the pearls!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails