Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Years Eve Festivities




Steve and I had an incredible New Years Eve experience on the 37th floor roof downtown. I think that we may have been on the tallest building in the area. We watched as hundreds of fireworks expoded in the sky beneath us. Even though BsAs has nearly twice the population of NYC, the skyline is not built as high, leaving a vastly large city as far as the eye could see. Like Christmas Eve, all of the Argentines get together set of firewroks, surprising in these tree lined neighborhoods, the ones that are far too large to be legal in the States. As we stood looking down on city, with nearly a 360 degree view, we were atonished at just how many people there are in this city. Steve proclaimed that this was one of the top 10 things that he has seen in his life. I agree. There is no way to describe the enormity of the city and the amount of fireworks that were visible. And to follow Spanish tradition, we ate 12 grapes at midnight for good luck. Thanks Jay!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

SO VERY COOL! Oh how I miss the fun/joy/excitment of discovering other cultures. There are so many ways to live life - it's kind of like music - so many different styles - it's too bad that we don't get the chance to experience them all. Hooray for you!!

Jules said...

A New Year's without kids? We were just talking about how fun that will be...someday. Don't get me wrong, I love keeping the kids up till midnight, and then have them still wake up at the usual 8:00am, but to go out on the town with the love of your life? Not much beats that.

Ie Li said...

That does sound amazing Jaclyn! We stayed up until midnight only because little Stephen was awake. :) I'm grateful for blogs so it's easy to keep in touch.

Sylvia said...

Wow, what a sight to behold!!! I've heard Buenos Aires is a beautiful, incredible city. And you've gotta love watching people set off crazy hazardous fireworks in foreign countries. Awesome! You guys are so lucky. And how did you score a night out without the kids???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails