On Saturday, we were invited to a friend's house for her daughter's first birthday party. We have since learned that the 1st birthday in Latin culture is almost as important as the QuinceaƱera. It is memorably celebrated because, as in many other parts of the world, many children did not live through the first year of life. The kids played in a huge inflatable pirate ship, ate specialty desserts, and were visited by Mickey and Minnie, Ariel, two Backyardigans, and Lilo and Stitch. Not to mention that the adults enjoyed good company and great food! Our only regret is that Peyton would not keep her clip in her hair for the pictures!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
What a Party!
On Saturday, we were invited to a friend's house for her daughter's first birthday party. We have since learned that the 1st birthday in Latin culture is almost as important as the QuinceaƱera. It is memorably celebrated because, as in many other parts of the world, many children did not live through the first year of life. The kids played in a huge inflatable pirate ship, ate specialty desserts, and were visited by Mickey and Minnie, Ariel, two Backyardigans, and Lilo and Stitch. Not to mention that the adults enjoyed good company and great food! Our only regret is that Peyton would not keep her clip in her hair for the pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Looks like a blast! I'm sure the kids loved seeing the Disney characters again. Love you guys!
Becca
Who needs Disney, eh?
I love Latin b-days. They know how to party. My only concern is, "how do you top that?" The following years must be such a disappointment. My friend had a pony and moonbounce at her daughter's here in the states.
Oh man, Emma is turning 2 this Saturday and I have a "Hoppy Birthday" planned, I WAS excited about, but now it seems a little dull. Oh well, she won't think so. I really do plan to call you and can't wait to catch up, I just haven't found a good window. You call me if you get a chance too. 801-668-8275
Post a Comment