Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Antiques

Last week, my friend took me downtown to an area of Buenos Aires filled with antiques. She found a shop that sold hundreds of antique chandeliers and was headed to pick up her newly refurbished gem. It was an wonderful area and a place that I will definitely go back to. There was an area filled with the works of local artists and many shops with perfectly aged furniture. There were plenty of deals to be had if I really had an idea of their value.

This is just one aisle of the store. This woman was selling some of the most beautiful chandeliers, but I am afraid that she really needs a display manager and a marketing specialist. It really was hard to decipher one from another. With a good eye, you really can find a steal. Her prices were a little more than half of the neighboring shops, but they only displayed a few at a time, already rewired with the lights on.


I found these paintings and have been thinking about them since we left. I prefer the 19th century tango men to the right.



This is a quick picture of the cafe we stopped in for a "must have food" pregnancy stop, where I found a fantastic pastry-like pie filled with mozzarella, tomato and basil.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails