We have had quite a few "colder-than-you'd-expect" kind of days, but all in all it has been really nice.
Steve bought this bike from a friend who recently moved back to the States for $50 pesos. It was originally owned by someone who was tall and came with a bike seat for the kids. I then took my bike into a local shop and had a seat installed, as well as a basket on the front for carrying a few extra things. I couldn't look more like a mom on my comfort Schwinn, adored with "Mom Gear", but I LOVE it. Steve and I have been able to take the kids out on quite a few weekend rides around the neighborhood. It is also easier to run an errand or two in the area on a bike rather than navigate the one-way roads. As I continue to get more and more pregnant, I am grateful that the weather will also be less permitting of this fun outdoor family activity, however I have a feeling that the boys will be out riding well into the mild winter.
1 comment:
Jaclyn,
Isn't it fun to take the kids for a ride? Adri mentioned the two of you used to take the kids on the trail. Eric and I took Evie for a bike ride in the trailer yesterday. I made Eric do the heavy pulling and barely kept up with him the whole time. It was a beautiful afternoon, however, and we had a great time. I don't know if I will ever be strong enough to pull her on my own - or if I do, we may only make it one mile.
Alisha
Post a Comment