Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our Anniversary

When we were first married and for the 3 years that followed, we studied for finals together, stayed up late playing games and talking all summer long, made crazy trips home (22 hours) without sleeping longer than our car would stay warm at a truck stop, dreamed of all of the things that we would one day be able to accomplish, and managed a checkbook that rarely went over a few thousands dollars (and only after a long summer) and sometimes managed to carry no more than few cents. I cheered from the sidelines for years as Steve pursued the coveted sac from the defensive line. It put us through college. All the while, with special permission, I took more credits each semester than normally permitted in order to graduate in three and half years so that we would finish together.

Now, 8 years later, these are but faint memories as we live on the other side of the world raising two children and preparing for a third in a few short weeks. We are living the life that we so often dreamed of and discussed. We are where we have always wanted to be at this stage in our life. Traveling, making a difference, and raising happy, healthy children, while still enjoying staying up too late together.

Steve, thank you for a wonderful 8 years filled with lots of love, laughter, and growth. Thank you for working so hard for your family and for your country. I love you.

8 comments:

Catherine said...

That was a nice post. As I read it John just asked me what I was smiling at and I realized it was this post. Thanks

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary! And welcome back to the world wide web! :) (Hope your utilities are now accepting calls!)

Anonymous said...

There is nothing more attractive than a woman who is happy...and you're one pretty girl!

jamirclark said...

Happy Anniversary! You two make a wonderful couple, and we're happy you are where you wanted to be.

Sylvia said...

Congrats, friends! You two are the best.

Jules said...

Congrats on the anniversary and congrats on the Spanish! i am jealous that you are speaking so well. All that I learned is gone!

Ryan said...

Congrats you guys! I remember it like it was yesterday when you met at Ricks. :)

Lindsey said...

What a great post. It's so amazing to me how fast time flies by. You and Steve have had a rare oppertunity to bond so close together since you have always lived away from family. What a blessing that truly is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails