Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Abe (yesterday)

On his way to school for a Sprinkler Party

It seems like a momentous occasion to have your oldest child turn 5. He is no longer a toddler and really is a school-aged boy. When I think about his birth 5 years ago, it seems like so long ago. So much has happened in those 5 years. Since his birth, my priorities have changed. My life has been committed to his well-being. Nearly everything that I have done since then has been centered around a child, and now children. It is Abe who is always teaching me. With him, I am always on unchartered territory because he is my first. There are so many qualities in Abe that we adore. Here are just a few:

His intelligence and love of learning.
HIs laugh
The way he cuddles (and the fact that he still wants us to cuddle him)
His love of babies (since before Peyton was born)
His sense of responsibility
His Confidence
His ability to carry on a GREAT conversation.

I love you Abe! You are more than I could have ever dreamed of!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He looks so handsome and grown up. I love how he has a genuine smile in every picture. Happy, happy boy! Love Love

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails