Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Dilemma

Update: Santa succumbed to the red retro kitchen since the pink one is on backorder until Feb.  If the red one is too small, then Santa will sell the red one and exchange it for the perfect pink one in a couple of months!

Do I buy this great wooden kitchen set which weighs more, costs slightly more, is backordered and does less so that I enjoy looking at...

or do I buy this functional, compact, lightweight, plastic eyesore?


Or do I compromise on this one which seems a little small?


or this?

6 comments:

Cami said...

I had the same situation last year and we ended up with the eyesore! Thankfully it is tough because my boys want to try and climb on just to jump off plus they like to cook their army men in it as well as Madi's dolls! I would however still love to get the pretty one!

Emily said...

The pink one is no doubt the best one, but I would totally be happy with the red little retro one. I was thinking about getting one for Claire... in a couple of years!

Robyn said...

While you KNOW I'm all about the pink one, I say go with the compromise.

Just don't go with the eyesore. Ick.

And did you see Pottery Barn Kids latest toy kitchen set? The modern looking one that LITERALLY costs more than all 3 of my kitchen appliances combined?

Sylvia said...

ha ha, Robyn is so right!! We saw that a couple weeks ago online and Kurt was like, "That is NUTS! That's what a REAL kitchen would cost!!"

Sylvia said...

PS I like the pink one better than the brown one, anyway!

Emily said...

Jaclyn, I have been looking at kitchens for a few months now. The kidkraft ones are really small (too small for Matthew, who is 4), the retro pink one from Pottery barn is sooo cute! (but I was going to get it in red). But then they pulled out the gourmet kitchen, which is awesome in person. My kids go to the store and it's the first thing they run to. I tell Matt it's an investment and is going to last a long time. ("Do you want them using their imagination or playing video and computer games?") Yeah, I'm debating between the retro or the gourment, but currently the gourmet is winning. Hope all is going well. Emily Usher

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails