SOPHIA JANE BARLOW









Sophia Jane really is God's Gift as her namesake suggests.
Brent and Janet were able to travel the 6000 miles to share this day. They have always promised to be at the blessing of the first grandchild of each family, but in reality, Brent has been able to assist in the blessing of all 12 of his grandchildren. We were also happy that Scott and Robyn could be here with us as well.
As an added blessing, Lidia made the blessing dress, which I was not allowed to see until it was completed. For those of you who have come to visit, you have spent time with her. She works for us, but has also become a small part of our family. When learning about the upcoming blessing of Sophia, she insisted on making the dress herself. I gave her a photo of one that I liked, she created a pattern and spent many late nights working on it. This dress will be cherished for years to come.
7 comments:
The dress is BEAUTIFUL! She did a great job. And you all look great.
You have some great pics of Sophia. Whose camera took them? Yours or Robyn's?
Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures and videos. I feel as if I have visited Argentina with you!
Heather, my camera took the photos of the blessing, but we both have the same one anyway. However, I am not coveting Robyn's flash! I sent the link to Steve and told him that he could buy me this the next time he is searching for a gift. :) PS No, I did not cut Sophia's hair... it is finally lying down on its own.
Oh my gosh, that is so awesome that Lidia made Sophia's dress, what a family treasure that makes it!!
She is beautiful and the dress amazing! You are right you will cherish it always. I had both of my girls' dresses package (like a wedding dress) at a professional place so they could keep them for their children.
And I love the football hold that Steve is doing . . . love it.
You look amazing; how do you do it?
I am just catching up with your blog. Ken and I just looked at your videos and we have been to that exact estancia. You're having such a great time. Sophia's blessing dress is beautiful.
What a beautiful dress. Lidia did a great job (she sounds like wonderful addition to your family as well.) I'm so glad to see and hear how well your family is doing. When I see all of your beautiful pics of Argentina it makes me want to zip down there and soak up some of that culture.
Post a Comment