Monday, April 9, 2012

Visitors

Scott, Robyn and their two oldest kids came to visit in March.  They were just with us a few days in Lima, but were in Peru for 2 weeks!  It sounds like they have a great time visiting Machu Picchu and the jungle in Iquitos.

Sadly, I have hardly any photos.  Here are a few that I stole off of their camera before they left.

Tanner has grown up so much.  He really is a pre-teen.

A cute photo in a famous Catholic church in downtown Lima.

Plaza de Armas in Lima

 I love when visitors come because I can see the city through their eyes.  This didn't phase me.  However when I think about it, it is pretty different. :)  After nearly 5 years in Latin America, I forget how different things really are around here sometimes.  
There is a large market downtown that is anything but touristy.  This is a common birthday party wholesaler.

We bought a pomegranate and a mamey to take home and try.  These needed their clorox bath before they would be edible.

Common sight along the highway.  Most of these people do not have running water.  Can you even imagine having to walk up and down these hills everyday?

I took Scott to an orphanage that we like to serve (it is well run) and he saw about 15-20 patients for minor colds and fungi.  This saved the center a lot of money because a trip to the pediatrician at the reduced rate is about the equivalent of an average salary for 2 full days (s/80).  While Scott tended patients, Robyn played with kids, rocked a baby to sleep and the girls played with another little 8 year old and made jewelry out of flowers.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails