Thursday, October 18, 2007

Housing Assignment

After much anticipation, we finally learned about our housing assignment in Buenos Aires! This was a much needed "pick-me-up" in the midst of all the moving preparations and the sadness of saying good-bye.

Here is the email description:

You have been assigned to a house in Martinez. The house has four bedrooms, a nice playroom with fireplace and outdoor terrace on the top floor, a yard with pool and pool house. The kitchen is being completely remodeled as I write this and it may not be done in time for your arrival. You should be prepared to be in temporary housing for a short period – we’re trying hard to push forward on this to make sure you are in your permanent housing before he holidays. Temporary housing would either be an apart/hotel or perhaps a vacant unit in our housing pool if something comes up to coincide with the time you would need the temporary housing. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions that you might have…..being specific about work completion dates is more difficult in Argentina than in the U.S.

We feel so blessed! Martinez is a suburb in the north of the city close to the American School. It is about 9 miles to work, but on the best days will take about 30 minutes. Most days however, will take about 45 minutes. In a city of 13 million people (nearly twice the size of NYC), we had to sacrifice proximity for a yard! We hope that you find time to come and visit... apparently we will have room for guests!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! That sounds like quite the house. I can't wait to come visit! :) Speaking of visiting, I hope you can come to see us before you leave! I want to introduce Cora to you and see you one last time before you leave. We will miss you!

Heather said...

I'm glad that this email makes you happy! The first thing I thought of was "oh no, not another remodeling episode to send them to a hotel!" :) But at least they're working on it for you, and it sounds heavenly once you get there (four bedrooms? finally!)

Talai said...

I am so thrilled for you. 4 bedrooms! That will be wonderful! I am sure this comes as such a relief!

The Jackson Three said...

Sounds so great! We are so jealous and would love to come and visit soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails