As we sat around the kitchen table coloring cartoon printouts, the kids had a conversation that reminded me of how differently their little brains work.
Peyton: (coloring Elmo's eyes blue and face purple) Look Mom, I did it. Isn't Elmo silly?
Abe: Pey-TON, Elmo is red, not blue.
Mom: It is okay Abe. We can use our imagination when we color. Sometimes, I like to color the grass blue and the sky orange. It is just using our imagination.
Peyton: Yeah Abe, it's my imagination.
Abe: Yes, well I like to color the grass green and the sky blue. (as he sat and colored all of the crocodiles on his paper green and the lake blue)
Well, what do you say to that? He put me in my place.
2 comments:
I wish we lived by each other. I have the same conversations!!
oh my my. peyTON :)Can I come visit their cute stage please?
Post a Comment