Monday, September 29, 2008

Straight From the Mouth of My Abe

Just when I was beginning to think that being a stay-at-home mom was a real job... 

Abe: Do you know what I want to be when I grow up?
Me: What would you like to be?
Abe: I want to be a a guy who battles bad guys.  (Insert just about any occupation that requires physical labor, saving someone or protecting mankind here - it changes everyday)
Steve: You'd be really good at that Abe
Abe: Dad, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Steve: I am grown-up and I made the decision to work for the State Department
Abe: Oh, well Mom, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Me: I choose to me a mom so that I could stay home with you.
Abe: Well, how come you are only a mom? Didn't you want to be anything...  you know like a firefighter or work for the State Department?

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I just read that to John and we are both laughing. Thanks for the humor.

Anonymous said...

Love that, but here's another one. I taught English and one day my teenage son told me, "Anyone must be able to teach English -- all the coaches are English teachers." Ouch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails